[Getdp] Integration of a quantity on a free surface

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 20 19:11:17 CEST 2004

TChristophe Haug wrote:

> Hi,
>
> GetDP is the first serious tool i find that can solve the mixed problem
> I have.
> I really enjoy it.
>
> I have a little problem, and can't solve it with samples or documentation.
> I solve a FEM equation nearly from 3D magnetostatic 's one.
> And I need to integrate th result on many 2D oriented surfaces.
>
> 1) I would like to mesh this surfaces independently from the solving mesh.
> Is it possible ?
>
> 2) the integration is not so trivial. I don't want to include the
> support of the surface in the function Space.
> Is there a analogous to Print OnGrid for integral PostQuantities ?

Integration on arbitrary surfaces would indeed be a *very* useful
feature. Unfortunately, it is not implemented yet.

On the bright side, the sources of getdp will be soon released under an
open source license, and it should not be to hard for you to add it.

Cheers,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org