[Getdp] axial symmetric magnetic problem - 2

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 30 08:22:09 CEST 2004

m.fenner at gmx.net wrote:

> Dear Christophe,
>
> thank you very much for the instant reply. The solution was quite a
> surprise to me. The local behavior of the vector potential was not
> obvious to me.
>
> You also changed the Jacobian from VolAxi to VolAxiSqu (etc.) What is
> the difference?

It's not mandatory, but it improves the solution close to the symmetry
axis. If you are interested, this change of variables is described in

@article{henrotte.GeoTrans,
   author =	 "F. Henrotte and B. Meys and H. Hedia and P. Dular
                   and W. Legros",
   title =	 "Finite element modelling with transformation
                   techniques",
   journal =	 "IEEE Transactions on Magnetics",
   volume =	 35,
   number =	 3,
   pages =	 "1434--1437",
   year =	 "1999",