[Getdp] numerical saturation effect (?)

m.fenner at gmx.net m.fenner at gmx.net
Wed Aug 4 16:58:04 CEST 2004

Dear Christophe,

I am still working on the axial symmetric magnetic problem. When I increase the mu_r of the core region I find that the magnetic field in the core saturates just above the field value obtained for mu_r=1000. No mattar how high a mu_r I choose. Since I do not have a B-dependancy for mu_r at the moment I would expect the field to scale with mu_r. The field perfectly scales with the current in my coil though, even for the high mu_r values.

Do you have an idea where my mistake is? I shall attach the .pro and .geo files, just in case.

Best regards

Matthias