[Getdp] Warning from TransferInitSolution

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Sep 8 05:33:02 CEST 2004

m.fenner at gmx.net wrote:
> Dear Christophe,
>
> I want to solve the nonlinear time-dependent problem of a wire with
> ends held at different temperatures and an electric current switched
> on at a certain time. So I solve the 1-d Laplace equation first
> (resolution ini, system T) and then transfer this solution as an
> initial condition to the full system (resolution dyn, system Tdyn).
> ini works allright by itself. But when I try "TransferInitSolution T"
> I get a "GetDP: Warning: Operation: ???". The dynamical simulation
> then starts with T~10^-307.
>
> Where do I loose the information of the pre-resolution?

Hi Matthias - I just checked in the code and we actually never
implemented "TransferInitSolution". But I think you should still be able
to do what you want by just using "TransferSolution", followed by the
regular "InitSolution" on the other system. (At least that's how I
remember doing it a loooong time ago.)

I'm CC'ing Ahmed Rassili on this one: I think he's still using something
similar in his simulations.

Best,

Christophe

PS: Thanks for the examples in the Wiki! (I've added a couple of comments.)

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech