Re-2: [Getdp] Warning from TransferInitSolution

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sun Oct 17 23:37:21 CEST 2004

Matthias - The problem comes from the fact that TranferSolution will
only work if the discrete quantities being transferred actually belong
to the same FunctionSpace. (Patrick: any comments?)

What I would do to solve the problem (warning: I haven't actually tested
this...) is define a single function space

FunctionSpace {
   { Name Hgrad_T; Type Form0;
     BasisFunction {
       { Name sn; NameOfCoef Tn; Function BF_Node; Support Vol_The;
         Entity NodesOf[All]; }
     }
     Constraint {
       { NameOfCoef Tn; EntityType NodesOf ; NameOfConstraint T; }
     }
   }
}

and define the constraint as follows:

Constraint {
   { Name T ;
     Case {
       { Region hot; Type Assign; Value 150.; }
       { Region cold; Type Assign; Value 5.; }
       { Region Vol_The; Type InitFromResolution ; NameOfResolution ini;}
     }
   }
}

The TransferSolution operation in the "ini" formulation will then
transfer all the "non-assigned" DoFs as initial conditions in the "dyn"
formulation.

I will try to have an more in-depth look at your example as soon as I
have some spare time, but it's pretty hard these days :-)

Best,

Christophe