[Getdp] @D axisymmetric electrostatic problem

Nacho Andres nacho.andres at deos.tudelft.nl
Wed Apr 6 19:25:00 CEST 2005

Dear Patrick,
I actually understood from my communications with Cristophe that the
null Neumann conditions at the symmetry axis were not implicit if I did
not include the latter into the Basis Function support. By including it,
getDP would try to approximate the Neumann condition at it, so including
those surfaces into the support of the basis functions would case the
iteration that the program does to make variations on those points in
some way, but not on those at which no Neumann and only Dirichlet
conditions exist, am I right?
What you are suggesting is that the fact of using the JSurAxi jacobian
already does that already, is that so?

Nacho

Ps: As a matter of fact what I tried the first times was a) refining the
mesh and b) increasing the order of the basic functions. Good guess
then! ;D