[Getdp] OnPoint coupled to .geo file

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri May 13 06:12:13 CEST 2005

Brian Wilfley wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm trying to extract time-series at points defined in my .geo file.
> What I'd like to be able to do is something like:
>
> // Test.geo
> dh = 0.001;
> r = 0.01;
>
> Point(51) = { r, 0, 0, dh};
>
> Physical Point(91) = {51};	// Far end, on axis
> // Test.pro
>
> Group {
>  Det1    = Region[91];
> }
> PostOperation {
>     { Name Plot_t;   NameOfPostProcessing Phi;
>       Operation {
> 	Print [ Phi , OnPoint Det1, File "Det1.plt", Format GmshParsed] ;
>       }
>     }
> }
>
> The idea is to define a point and a physical point in .geo, then use
> the physical point, via a group, in a post operation OnPoint in the
> .pro file.
>
> The problem is: my prototype above does not work.
>
> Can you tell me the proper way to "interface" points from the .geo
> file to postoperations OnPoint in the .pro file.

Hi Brian - "OnPoint" actually takes 3 coordinates (and interpolates the
data). So you could use something like this:

r = 0.01;

PostOperation {
     { Name Plot_t;   NameOfPostProcessing Phi;
       Operation {
	Print [ Phi , OnPoint {r,0,0}, File "Det1.plt", Format GmshParsed] ;
       }
     }
}

You could also put the definition of "r" in a separate parameter file,
and include this file both in your .geo and in your .pro files.

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech