[Getdp] OnPoint coupled to .geo file

Brian Wilfley drclearly at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:13:49 CEST 2005

Hello folks,

I'm trying to extract time-series at points defined in my .geo file.
What I'd like to be able to do is something like:

// Test.geo
dh = 0.001;
r = 0.01;

Point(51) = { r, 0, 0, dh};

Physical Point(91) = {51};	// Far end, on axis
// Test.pro

Group {
 Det1    = Region[91];
}
PostOperation {
    { Name Plot_t;   NameOfPostProcessing Phi;
      Operation {
	Print [ Phi , OnPoint Det1, File "Det1.plt", Format GmshParsed] ;
      }
    }
}

The idea is to define a point and a physical point in .geo, then use
the physical point, via a group, in a post operation OnPoint in the
.pro file.

The problem is: my prototype above does not work.

Can you tell me the proper way to "interface" points from the .geo
file to postoperations OnPoint in the .pro file.

By the way: great software and docs!!  The wiki is a great addition.

Thanks very much.

Brian Wilfley