[Getdp] PostOperation

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Wed Oct 19 23:19:22 CEST 2005

Christian Geikowsky R. wrote:
> Dear Christophe:
>

> Do not work….!!!!
>

> The calculation is performed with the mesh exposed in the figure
> attached NuclRot.gif.
>
> I want the losses in an area of the core in the figure shown
> Sección.gif. This second mesh is defined posteriorly to the calculation
> with the initial mesh (NuclRot.gif).
>

> I define two separate quantities in the PostProcessing definition
> “phys2” and “phys3”.
>

> PostProcessing {
>
>                 { Name Magnet; NameOfFormulation Magnetismo;
>
>                                Quantity {
>
>                                { Name phys2;
>
>                                Value {
>
>                                                Integral { [ /expression/ ] ;
>
>                                                In NuclRot; Integration
> Integra; Jacobian JacobVol; }
>
>                                                }
>
>                                }
>
>                                { Name phys3;
>
>                                Value {
>
>                                                Integral { [ /expression/ ];
>
>                                                In Seccion; Integration
> Integra; Jacobian JacobVol; }
>
>                                                }
>
>                                }
>

> I have realized several combinations for the calculation of the
> expression in the area definite (“Seccion”).
>

> PostOperation {
>
> { Name PlssNclSeccion; NameOfPostProcessing Magnet;
>
>                 Operation {
>
>                                Print[
> phys2[NuclRot],                       OnRegion Seccion,  File>
> "PlossRotSeccion1.txt", Format TimeTable];
>
>                                Print[
> phys2[Seccion],                       OnRegion Seccion,  File>
> "PlossRotSeccion2.txt", Format TimeTable];
>
>                                Print[
> phys3[Seccion],                       OnRegion Seccion,  File>
> "PlossRotSeccion3.txt", Format TimeTable];
>
>                 }
>
> }
>
> }
>

> Print[ phys2[NuclRot]… : Give excessively elevated values !
>

> Print[ phys2[Seccion],… : Give value zero !
>

> Print[ phys3[Seccion],… : Give value zero !
>

> Which is the error that I am  committing ?

It's hard to tell without the complete data files. I've posted a small
example on the wiki where I integrate a quantity on different regions:

http://geuz.org/getdp/wiki/PostIntegration

Is there a conceptual difference between that example and the problem
you are trying to solve?

Christophe Geuzaine
Assistant Professor, Case University, Mathematics
http://www.case.edu/artsci/math/geuzaine