[Getdp] basic permant magnet question - please help

Matt Koch mattkoch at scitex.us
Sat Mar 17 03:39:56 CET 2007

Hello Pei-Ying,

seems to me that for this equation to be true, the magnetic field in a
permanent magnet would have to be constant in space. Outside of the
magnet it is H = nu*B and B = curl(A), so H = nu*curl(A), but inside the
magnet, it is H = Hc, i.e. the coercive field. There may be a
simplifying assumption here, like assuming that the magnetic field
inside a solenoid is constant in space.

Regards,

Matt Koch