[Getdp] Neumann boundary condition

Luis Saavedra luis94855510 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:16:34 CET 2008

Hi Tammo,

my english writing is terrible, but i am thinking about understanding
your problem; in the wiki don't have any example of that (in LaTeX
notation):

\div(\grad u ) = f  in \Omega
\frac{\partial u}{\partial n} = g in \Gamma

with the condition for unicity:

\Int_{\Omega} u  = 0

warning: a compatibility equation that must be satisfied for the
parameters functions f,g :

\Int_{\Omega} f = \Int_{\Gamma} g

I attach the solution, that example belongs to Alejandro Angulo,

Saludos y buena suerte!!

PS: in that example:

\Omega = B(0,1)
f  = 1.0