[Getdp] Electromagnetic 3D model - Crash info (bug?)

Lucas heitzmann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:51:02 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I've just started working with GetPD and I'm not sure I'm doing the right
thing here.
The attached files should solve an 3D eigenvalue EM problem (no boundary
conditions or
sources yet) but I can't seem to make them work:

getdp test -solve EMW_3D_Eigen -pos EMW_3D_Eigen

Info      : Selected Resolution 'EMW_3D_Eigen'
Info      : System 'A' : Complex, Frequency = 0 Hz
P r e - P r o c e s s i n g . . .
Operation : Treatment Formulation 'EMW_3D_Eigen'
Error     : Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference)
            You have discovered a bug in GetDP! You may report it
            by e-mail (together with any helpful data permitting to
            reproduce it) to <getdp at geuz.org>

The geometry file is transfinite just cause I plan to use Bloch periodic
conditions later (any
help in that matter would also be welcome).

If I can manage to understand how to correctly create a model in GetDP, I
would say it's one
of the best sw packages for FEM, but I couldn't do it following only the
documentation.

Thanks for any help,
Lucas