[Getdp] how to compute total flux

Brovelli Alessandro alessandro.brovelli at epfl.ch
Wed Feb 23 22:51:51 CET 2011

Dear getdp mailing list,
I am new to getdp, so my question may sound silly. Apologize!

I am trying to solve a very simple problem: compute the electrical current
flowing through a heterogeneous medium, by solving laplace equation on a cubic domain
(2 faces have imposed potential).

I navigate through the examples and managed to compute the flux at all nodes
in the domain, now I'd like to compute the total flux across one face (one with fixed V).
What is the best way to do it? I tried many things already, but really got lost.
It would be great if you can point me to an example.

Thanks!
Alessandro