[Getdp] Problem with induction heat geometry

Matti Pellikka matti.pellikka at tut.fi
Sun Feb 3 12:56:14 CET 2013

Hi Stefan,

On 3 February 2013 01:41,  <stefan.braun at smartcae.de> wrote:
> Hi Matti,
> i have two additionally questions to the example.
> If i change the frequence from 50 to 5000 Hz i see no real skin effect.
> Could it be possible that the mesh is not fine enough?

Yes, you should have a couple of finite element layers per skin depth.
In this case, about ten times more elements in the radial direction

> My second questions is, how is it possible to integrate the temperature and
> the nonlinear mu curve.
> If found an example in the group
>
> http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/getdp/2000/000111.html
> http://geuz.org/pipermail/getdp/2000/000125.html
>
> but the attachment of the working file in 000125.html is missing.

For nonlinear mu curve you can study the example at
https://geuz.org/trac/getdp/wiki/MagnetoStaticsNonLinear (username:
getdp, password: getdp). With nonlinearity however, the eddy current
problem is no longer strictly time harmonic. Transient analysis should
be used instead.

https://geuz.org/trac/getdp/wiki/ChainedResolutions is a simple
example how to couple two problems, for example thermal and magnetic.

--

Matti Pellikka, Researcher
Tampere University of Technology, Electromagnetics