[Getdp] Capabilities of GetDP

Ulferts, Alexander Ulferts at inductoheat.eu
Fri Nov 28 10:41:05 CET 2014

Good morning,

Currently I am working on a model of an induction hardening process consisting of a coil and a work piece to be heated. As alternative I'd like to experiment with GetDP as well. With GetDP I have no experience till now.

I have some questions regarding the simulation possibilities of GetDP:

1.       Two NASTRAN meshes of coil and part shall be imported into GMSH and the remaining air box shall be modeled and meshed inside GMSH. Then this model shall be passed to GetDP.

a.       Is it possible to feed the coil with a current instead of a current density? How this will be applied?

b.      ...

2.       Is it possible to work with anisotropic material? E.g. is it possible to define a special material, where a high temperature conductivity is set only in 1 axis? (low conductivity in the remaining 2 axes..)

3.       Is it possible to apply temperature dependent material properties like electrical conductivity and magnetic permeability? How this is done? Are sample files available?

4.       How the coupling is done with thermal calculation?  (Joule losses are computed by electromagnetic field computation, this value is applied to calculation of thermal field...) Are examples available?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Alexander Ulferts

Head of Process Development Department / Abteilungsleiter Prozessentwicklung

Tel. +49 (0) 7153-504-226

Fax +49 (0) 7153-504-333
e-mail: ulferts at inductoheat.eu <mailto:ulferts at inductoheat.eu>

Inductoheat Europe GmbH

Ostweg 5

D-73262 Reichenbach

An Inductotherm Group Company

www.inductoheat.eu <http://www.inductoheat.eu/>

Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Reichenbach an der Fils

Handelsregister B HRB 210509 des Amtsgerichts Stuttgart,

Ust.-IdNr. DE 145349148

Steuernummer: 59340/31588

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Frank Andrä