[Getdp] Eddy Current Testing in getDP

Frederic Trillaud ftrillaudp at pumas.ii.unam.mx
Sat Jun 20 19:59:48 CEST 2015

Dear Judith,

I am actually trying to compute induced current in a superconductor and
have struggled not with the A-V formulation but I am trying out T-Omega
formulation.
As far as I understood you are solving two equations both having A and V
but lumped one into the other, should you solve the equations in a
coupled manner. Saying this, I am not an expert in electromagnetism and
slowly entering the field so any comments may be thoroughly checked!!

In first approximation if the magnetic field is vertical in the sheet of
metal or can be concidered as close to it (along the axis of symmetry),
you can assume V = 0 and solve: Curl nu0 Curl A+sig*dA/Dt-Jsource = 0
and compute the induced current in the sheet as sig*dA/dt and see if it
is reasonable and from there you build on it.

Sorry not be of more help, best,

Frederic