[Getdp] MovingBand2D doesn't support higher oder Element

Johan Gyselinck johan.gyselinck at ulb.ac.be
Thu Jan 28 19:41:42 CET 2016

Dear Mang,

The moving band tool in GetDP works with first-order triangular elements only, as you have discovered.

I’m not sure that it can be easily extended to higher-order elements.

How do you discretise the airgap of your machine? In how many layers? With first-order elements and a sufficiently fine mesh in the airgap, you should also be able to get the required accuracy.

If you have some literature about higher-order elements (in the airgap) and electrical machine modelling, I’m interested.

Best regards,
Johan Gyselinck