[Getdp] Induction_Motor_TimeSteping_Initial_Values

Nicola Chiodetto nicola.chiodetto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:04:56 CET 2016

 Dear GetDP users and experts,

I am willing to simulate an induction motor with time stepping technique.

I alredy used and studied the examples provided in the Electrical Machines
folder available online.
However, I need to avoid the initial electrical transient: in other words I
need to set proper initial conditions. Since the Induction machines is
intrinsically operating due to eddy currents reaction I need to perform a
time-harmonic. At this point I was thinking to read the real part of the
vector magnetic potential, over all the domains, and take its real part.
However, I do not know how to force the conditions of global rotor current
variables in the domain bars. Is it possible witout touching the source
code?
Moreover, usually in literature it is proposed a time harmonic frequency
analysis exploiting an effective permeability function, instead of a
simpler linear one. Is it possible to do that? It could be again useful for
determining better initial conditions for the time stepping simulation
first point.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,

Nicola Chiodetto