[Getdp] How to define a discontinuous interface condition

Yuanzhi Zhu zyzero at buaa.edu.cn
Thu Sep 5 16:42:12 CEST 2019

Hello Everyone,

I have problem to define a Discontinuous Interface Condition. The basic structure is that there are two 3D cube 1 and 2 sharing a common interface and the 2D side view is like this:

-------------------------------

|         |         |

|    1    |     2   |

For a static electric problem(laplace equation), given some boundary condition, and a interface resistance--which means that the potential does not continuous in the interface, I want to solve the potential phi.

The phsics at the interface should be \Delta phi \cdot \hat{n} = phi_1-phi_2, where \hat{n} is the normal vector of the interface and phi_1 and phi_2 are the value of potential phi at the interface(actually extremely closing to the interface) from cube 1 and cube 2, respectively.

The problem is that I donot know how to the describe this boundary as a formulation, and I have searched the archive of this mail-list but didnot get good information.

Can you give some suggestion on this kind of interface boundary condition?

Massive thanks in advance!!

Yuanzhi Zhu.