GMSH

Marcio A Mathias edbkmn at edb.ericsson.se
Mon Mar 15 09:17:23 CET 1999

Dear Mr. Geuzaine,

Let me introduce myself:

My name is Marcio Mathias, I am an electrical enginner and currently I
am studing at USP (University of Sao Paulo- Brasil) researching a
numerical method (TLM). I have no experience in CAD systems and checking
in your homepage I found a lot of interesting information about mesh
generation. Maybe your software coulb be a valuable tool in my work.
Currently I am describing the problems in a
text file format and, because the complexity of some problems (even a
simple 3D structure generates a complex description data file), I need a
tool to visualize the modelled structure.
I have implemented some modifications in my software to generate a
correspondent ".geo" file, in order to visualize it using "GMSH". As TLM
is a numerical method described in a cartesian system and, "GMSH" is
suitable for finite elements method, I am using it only few features
(defining points and line of a structure).
Up to now it has been a valuable tool but it could be better if I could
control the current color for the drawn lines. Is it possible, using
commands, to have more more options, I mean, become available options
for other colors, to be displayed simultaneously ?

Can you provide me a new release with this features ?

Thank you in advance for your atention,

Marcio.

In time: all this work will be done only for academic objectives !