Mesh generating software library

FEMdata / Eero Torkkeli eero.torkkeli at femdata.inet.fi
Mon Jul 10 15:06:59 CEST 2000

Dear Sir

Searching the NET we have found information concerning Your mesh generating
software GMSH.

We are looking for software to enhance the mesh generation capabilities in
our FEM programs.

We are developing our own commercial FEM software package for general
purpose structural FEM analysis. We do have a modelling program that has
presently the normal capabilities for "manual" modelling using regions,
sweeping, extrusion and so on.

We are looking for a (toolkit) program module library that we could include
in our mesh generating program. The library should contain modules to
generate a surface mesh (triangle and/or quadrilateral elements) and
modules to generate a solid element mesh (tetra and/or hexa elements) given
a surface mesh..

Our objective is to use mainly Nurbs surfaces to define the solid. In
addition to that, also plane or analytical surfaces might be used. One
typical source to obtain geometry would be a SAT type geometry file.

As we work with structural engineering FEM the mesh type we are interested
in is the "unstructured".

We are using the PC computers with MS Windows 95 and NT operating systems.
However the Linux operating system might be needed within a couple of
years.

Could You please send information concerning the licence terms concerning
Your mesh generating software.

Please send also information about the present technical capabilities of
Your mesh generating software and the planned future enhancements.

Our contact information is:

Femdata Oy
Ukkohauentie 11-13 B
02170 Espoo