mesh generator

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri May 18 11:30:32 CEST 2001

Hello,

"Dr. Hans-Peter Geromiller" wrote:

> Do you offer a mesh generator for generation of finite-difference grids
> ?

Gmsh is primarily an unstructured mesh generator (triangles/tetrahedra
with no predefined ordering relations between the elements). If you plan
to implement "standard" finite difference schemes, I guess you would
rather look for a structured mesh generator ("ordered"
quadrangles/hexahedra)... Gmsh can generate such meshes, but its
possibilities in this area are *very* limited (only simple transfinite
or elliptic meshes can be generated). Though, you may download the
sofware and take a look at the sixth file in the tutorial, which will
show you the possibilities of Gmsh in this area.

> What about the licence conditions for purely academic use of your
> software ?

It is completely free. The only think we ask if you use it is to mention
it in your work.

> Do you offer a post-processor for graphical presentation of results as
> well ?

Yes. Some examples are shown on the web page
(http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/).

My best,

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: 32 (0) 4 366 37 10    http://geuz.org