[Gmsh] Extrude command and element numbering

Kuldeep Amarnath kuldeep_amarnath at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:57:05 CET 2002

Hi
   The syntax for the 'Extrude' supposedly allows for user numbering of the
elements created. Eg. (from tutorial 't3.geo':

Extrude Surface { 6, {0,0,h} } {
  Layers { {8,4,2,1}, {9000:9003}, {0.25,0.5,0.75,1} } ;
} ;

The above command should number the four new volume elements from 9000 to
9003. However in practice this does not seem to happen! The new elements are
numbered arbitrarily by Gmsh irrespective of what I specify. Is this a bug?
or am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance
kuldeep

ps: I did go through the archives and found one article (in 2001) related to
this question, but that article does not say anything about the behavior of
the 'Extrude' command with the user specified element numbers.