[Gmsh] stream line

Jean-Francois Remacle <remacle@scorec.rpi.edu> remacle at scorec.rpi.edu
Tue Jun 18 17:04:57 CEST 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Nicolas Moes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 2 questions on the capabilities of gmsh :
>
> Is there a simple way to visualize stream lines with gmsh
> (line tangent to the vector field at each point)?

No, but wait for this week end, I'll send you a version of
my code that does that.

> Is there a way to visualize a tensor (I know there is an output
> format for tensors) but what can we actually see from a tensor
> (trace, ...?)

I have done some basic stuff about that recently. But it's not yet
available. Again, wait a little bit that I move to my next place
so that I'll be able to take the time to do all those things

JF

> --
> Nicolas Moks
> Professeur
> Laboratoire de Micanique et Matiriaux
> Icole Centrale de Nantes
> 1 Rue de la Noe, 44321 Nantes, France
> Tel: 02 40 37 68 22, Fax: 02 40 37 25 73
> email: nicolas.moes at ec-nantes.fr
>

> FHfj)b
	b2Q&2`zl"8!6Z|0Cx
;?h.fj)fje

Jean-Francois Remacle, Research Associate
Scientific Computation Research Center     (518) 276-8045
Rensselaer Polytechnic Insitute
http://www.scorec.rpi.edu/~remacle
CII
110 8th Street