[Gmsh] Weird behavior

Renato Fernandes Cantão cantao at ime.unicamp.br
Fri Jun 21 18:16:37 CEST 2002

Hi!

I've made a lot of different meshes with gmsh, but I always execute my
tests with a very simple mesh, obtained from a 1x1 square. The input
file is the following:

pq = 0.15;
Point(1) = {0,0,0,pq};
Point(2) = {1,0,0,pq};
Point(3) = {1,1,0,pq};
Point(4) = {0,1,0,pq};
Line(1) = {1,2};
Line(2) = {2,3};
Line(3) = {3,4};
Line(4) = {4,1};
Line Loop(5) = {3,4,1,2};
Plane Surface(6) = {5};

Well, in my home machine, it gives 80 elements. In my workplace machine,
it gives me 14 elements and complains about Degenerated simplex. What's
happening?

Info:

In both machines I'm using pretty much the same GNU/Linux installation:
Mandrake 8.2 (kernel 2.4.18, glibc 2.2.4).

My home machine is a AMD K6-III, 400Mhz, 128Mb and my workplace machine
is a dual Pentium III, 1GHz, 768Mb.

The gmsh version I'm using is 1.34.0.

Thanks a lot, and best regards, Cantao!

--