[Gmsh] Computing mean

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sat Feb 8 02:08:00 CET 2003

"Pascal A. Dupuis" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In a design, I have computed the electrical field on a plane surface. I
> would like to compute the mean value, that is, ponderate each sample by the
> value of the basic surface on wich it was computed. How can this be done ?

3 possible solutions:

- In getdp, you can use the function ElementVol[] to get the volume of
the element (the surface for 2D elements)
- You can also write a plugin for Gmsh that computes stuff like that on
an arbitrary view
- Otherwise, just write a small program/script that parses the map and
computes the surfaces using the node coordinates.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu