[Gmsh] holes and layers

Jin Chen jchen at pppl.gov
Thu Jun 19 10:36:20 CEST 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:

> Jin Chen wrote:
> >
> >>- "Holes" stands for "holes in a surface or a volume". See e.g.
> >>tutorial/t4.geo for the definition of a surface with a hole in it, or
> >>tutorial/t5.geo for the definition of a volume with holes (cavities).
> >
> > This is not the kind of hole I am asking. What I mean is as follows:
> > When I repeated t1.geo interactively using GUI, I was always asked to
> > select a "hole" at the bottom of graphical window after I selected the
> > boundary line in order to create a surface.
> >

> These are the same "holes" :-)
>
> The GUI simply asks you if there are any holes in your new
> surface/volume. If there are some holes, just select them.
> Otherwise, type 'q'.
Thanks. So

1. If I clicked somewhere inside the surface or volume to select a
hole, how can this hole be displayed. I mean I just clicked and then typed
"q" without doing anything else.

2. If I clicked somewhere inside the surface or volume to select a hole,
how can this hole be created interactively using GUI?

Jin