[Gmsh] holes and layers

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Thu Jun 19 18:19:40 CEST 2003

Jin Chen wrote:

>>>This is not the kind of hole I am asking. What I mean is as follows:
>>>When I repeated t1.geo interactively using GUI, I was always asked to
>>>select a "hole" at the bottom of graphical window after I selected the
>>>boundary line in order to create a surface.
>>>

>>These are the same "holes" :-)
>>
>>The GUI simply asks you if there are any holes in your new
>>surface/volume. If there are some holes, just select them.
>>Otherwise, type 'q'.
>
> Thanks. So
>
> 1. If I clicked somewhere inside the surface or volume to select a
> hole, how can this hole be displayed. I mean I just clicked and then typed
> "q" without doing anything else.

No. Like surfaces, surfaces holes are created by selecting their boundaries.

You can visualize the surfaces (a dashed cross inside them) by using
Options->Geometry->Visibility->Surfaces.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org