[Gmsh] Is there some tip to find a node or a mesh ?

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Oct 1 20:51:03 CEST 2003

philippe carette wrote:

> Hello,
> I am beginner in using GMESH.
> I discover its feature, little by little.
> Is there a way to locate a node, given its number ?

Yes: in the visibility browser, typing the node number in the input
field at the bottom (and pressing 'return') will switch the visibility
of the node. And you can use '*' to select all the nodes.

For example, to display only node 143, you need to

1) open Tools->Visibility
2) in the input field
   - type '*' and press 'return' (assuming all the nodes are
     visible, this hides them all)
   - type '143' and press 'return' (this will turn node 143
     back on)

(To see the node numbers on screen: Tools->Options->Mesh->Point numbers)

> and a mseh a given # too ?

Idem, but you must select 'Element' instead of 'Node' in the pull down
menu next to the input field.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org