[Gmsh] Compilation problems with Fltk

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sun Nov 9 23:52:09 CET 2003

Bounhoure Olivier wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I'm compiling Gmsh on a Mandrake 9.0 with fltk 1.1.0 and GSL 1.2
> In the Fltk directory, g++ stops with the following messages :
>
> Callbacks.cpp: In function `int file_chooser(int, const char*, const char*,
> int)':
> Callbacks.cpp:92: `show_label' is not a member of type `Fl_File_Chooser'
> Callbacks.cpp:93: `all_files_label' is not a member of type `Fl_File_Chooser'
> Callbacks.cpp:105: no matching function for call to
> `Fl_File_Chooser::filter_value(int&)'
> Callbacks.cpp: In function `int file_chooser_get_filter()':
> Callbacks.cpp:136: no matching function for call to
> `Fl_File_Chooser::filter_value()'
> make[1]: *** [Callbacks.o] Erreur 1
>
> I can't find such members in the /usr/include/FL/* files so I'm really stopped
> by this error. Any clue to find the way to go on would be apreciated.

You are probably not using the final 1.1.0 release (I have just checked
in FLTK's CVS repository, and show_label is defined in 1.1.0, although
not in the release candidates 1.1.0rcXX)... To make sure, have a look at
the values of FL_MAJOR_VERSION, FL_MINOR_VERSION and FL_PATCH_VERSION in
FL/Enumerations.H.

In any case, you would probably be better of compiling the latest 1.1
release (I think it's 1.1.4)--the FLTK folks fixed quite a lot of bugs
since 1.1.0.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org