[gmsh] Fonctionnality request

Thomas Gazzola thomas.gazzola at student.ecp.fr
Fri Jan 28 12:57:10 CET 2005

Dear Gmsh coders,

I am a PhD student, and I use gmsh to visualize my results, because it is
free (GPL) and because the quality of the output is awesome.

I searched in the mailing list about the post processing file format.
I found this mailed which answered my question:
http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2004/001113.html

In a few words, it says that the post processing files need the coordinate
of each point, etc... In other words, post processing files are not linked
to any mesh.

In the mail, Carl Osterwisch proposed:
> As a suggestion for improvement, it looks like the version 2.0 mesh
> file format could be extended to address these issues with additional
> headings such as:
> $NodeView
> Temperature
> 1 20.0
> 2 21.2
> 3 25.6
> $EndNodeView

which would be _so_ useful.

You answered in the mail that you were not sure it is worth the price.
I think it would be a major advance, a great functionnality.

It is your software, it is natural that it must suit your needs first, but
please take into account this request which I think would be useful to lot
of people.

Thank you for reading me,

Best regards,

Thomas Gazzola

PS: I had a problem with my mail-reader, sorry if you receive this mail
twice