[Gmsh] PATH command

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Jun 6 18:24:18 CEST 2005

abhishek basak wrote:
> Hi, I was just checking out the gmesh program. I have been using
> ANSYS for quite some time now, and i have to say that GMESH
> incoperates most of the features of ANSYS. However, I could not find
> the equivalent of PATH command.
>
> For those who are not familiar with ANSYS, PATH plots the results of
> FEM analysis (temp,disp, etc), along a specified path between two
> points. The path need not be coincident with any of the nodes.
>
> Maybe the PATH or some equivalent command is already there in GMESH,
>  but it seems to ellude me. Please help me out.

You should be able to do these kinds of things with the "Cut Grid"
and/or the "Cut Parametric" plugins (available in the "Plugin" menu when
right-clicking on a view button).

If you set "ConnectPoints" to zero in these plugins, you can then plot
the data in 2D graphs by selecting "2D space plot" in
Tools->Options->View->General. You can also export the data in order to
visualize it with other tools by using "View->Save As".

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org