[Gmsh] Bug in gmsh 1.63.2

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Tue Mar 7 17:52:15 CET 2006

Clemens Verhoosel wrote:
> Dear Christophe,
>
> As you requested, my exact sequence of steps. I tried it again myself
> and again the problem occured:
>
> 1) I make a new geo file.
> 2) I use edit in the geometry menu to get access to the geo file and I
> define the parameters I want to use:
>
>            lc = 0.1;
>            a   = 1;
>            b   = 2;
>
>     I then save the geo file and in the menu I click on reload.
> 3) I then use the gmsh geometry menus to define the geometry such that I
> end up with
>
>            lc = 0.1;
>            a   = 1;
>            b   = 2;
>            Point(1) = {a, 0, 0, lc};
>            Point(2) = {a, 0, 0, lc};
>            Point(3) = {a, b, 0, lc};
>            Point(4) = {0, b, 0, lc};
>            Line (1) = {1, 2};
>            Line (2) = {2, 3};
>            Line (3) = {3, 4};
>            Line (4) = {4, 1};
>            Line Loop (1000006) = {2, 3, 4, 1};
>            Plane Surface (6) = {1000006};
>            Physical Line (7) = {1};
>            Physical Line (8) = {2};
>            Physical Line (9) = {3};
>            Physical Line (10) = {4};
>            Physical Surface (11) = {6};
>
>  4) I save the geometry file by selecting file->save as.

Clemens - I see: it's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

When you modify a geometry in the graphical user interface, the
corresponding .geo file is automatically saved: you don't have to save
it with "File->Save as->Gmsh unrolled geometry".

The purpose of "File->Save as->Gmsh unrolled geometry" is to unroll (or
"flatten") all the commands in a geo file, and output an "explicit"
geometry, with no high-level script commands.

So in short, just skip step 4) above and you should be fine.

Cheers,

Christophe