[Gmsh] pre-defined nodes on 1 or 2 surfaces

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Wed Jun 21 08:41:33 CEST 2006

Pei-Ying Hsieh wrote:

> Dear GMSH experts:
>
> I am still learning gmsh, so, here is another stupid question. (Maybe
> gmsh mailing group should set a quota for number of stupid question per
> day?)
>
> If I have a volume with 2 sides (surfaces), is it possible to read in a
> set of nodes on 1 (or 2) surfaces.  Triagles will be generated on this 1
> surface (or these 2 surfaces), then, mesh the volume with all TETs.  In
> othere words, this surface(s) has been meshed externally first.

You cannot do it directly with the nodes, but you can do it if you
already have triangulations of the surfaces. Then you can just read
these triangulations from a .msh file, and define a geometry that uses
their associated elementary entity tags to build a volume. There is an
example in "demos/sphere-discrete.geo".