[Gmsh] (Saturated Vector Display || Logarithmic)&&(Windowsize)

Kubicek Bernhard Bernhard.Kubicek at arsenal.ac.at
Fri Jan 19 11:13:20 CET 2007

Hello!
Yesterday, I took time to fool around even more with the source-code.

* One very minor inconvinience is that if one tries to position the
Value-Scale via the GUI, one cannot exceed pixel-positions larger than
+-1024. As windows meanwhile can possibly be larger, I added a const int
so this can be increased by one single variable.

* A much more handy feature could be this: I added the ability to
saturate vector views, meaning that vectors whose length are out of
range get trimmed instead of being ignored. As well, I modified the
proportional-vector-logartihmic display, so that it works on my local
machine (before, it could be misused as a very sophisticated psychedelic
art generator e.g. logerror.png).

Attached are two diff-files which are hopefully usefull to visualize the
source-code difference.

However, there are two strange things that were found by my collegue
yesterday:
* Our (1/2D) geometry is not visible in PNGs created with Print
Sprintf("... .png") from within in a geo script. However, in the gl
window the geometry is displayed, but only  _after_ the Sprintf command.

IDs for different Objects, e.g. Point(1) and Line(1) ) many elements are
missing in the visibility-window's list. However, the geometry appears
to be 100% correct in the opengl window.

I have to admit that we did not have time yet to check with a different
geometry file.

Hopefully this is helpful,
nice greetings,
 bernhard