[Gmsh] Element inspection - Gmsh 2.0 on Mac OS X

Jack Loveless jpl34 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 8 16:35:54 CET 2007

It turns out that I had a corrupted font cache file somewhere on my
system.  I use a non-administrator account for daily work on my Mac,
and when trying Gmsh in the admin account, I had no problems with
text display.  I tried repairing permissions, etc., but the solution
ended up being removal of my font cache files using the shareware
program Font Finagler (http://homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/
fontfinagler/).  After cleaning the font cache and restarting, I have
a beautiful new version of Gmsh to use!

Any Intel Mac users that encounter this weird problem with Gmsh 2.0
might want to try removing their font cache files.  It may not be an
issue for users who run the program within an administrator account.

Jack