[Gmsh] how to mesh 3d object into tetrahedrals and import the result into impact?

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Mon May 14 10:33:10 CEST 2007

Hi Alexander,

your .geo file is OK.

since the characteristic length you use ( 2 ) is larger than the edges of your cube ( 1 ), the default 3D mesher (Delaunay) generates sometimes some very flat tetrahedra. If you want to keep this characteristic length, then you need to optimize the quality of the mesh, or use the Netgen 3D algorithm. In this case, the generated 3D mesh (tetrahedra) is OK.

Cheers,

Dave