[Gmsh] bug in bdf export?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Sep 21 17:17:43 CEST 2007

Hi Claus - Indeed: it looks like on your machine Gmsh wrote "E-00"
instead of "E-04" in the BDF file (if I fix the 4 occurrences in the
file by hand the mesh looks OK).

Here's something strange: on my machine if I open the .msh file and
re-save it as BDF, everything is fine.

Maybe the bug depends on the machine/operating system? (I'm on Mac;
looking at the screenshots you seem to be on Windows.) We use
"sprintf(str, "%.2E", val);" to print the numbers in "small field"
format, since they must take exactly 8 characters. Maybe sprintf works
slightly differently on Windows?

Do you observe the same problem if you choose the "long field" BDF format?

Thanks for the report!

Christophe