[Gmsh] Physical Surfaces/volumes in unv format

Jacques Kools jacques.kools at insilicio.com
Wed Sep 26 17:28:52 CEST 2007

Hello Folks,

I had a question regarding physical/volumes in unv format :

I created a mesh in Salome (see attached file), and defined groups of faces
( their equivalent of physical surfaces). They are named 100, 102 and, 103.

I am not familiar with the structure of the unv files ( That  structure
seems to be one of the great mysteries of our time. It is very difficult to
find a simple document describing the format.)

However, when I look at the file, I can see these numbers appearing ( lines
1013, 1145 and 1157) in a section starting with 2467. Now, when I open the
file in gmsh 2.08 (windows) , I can only see one geometrical and one
physical surface !!

For what it is worth : here is a discussion on the openfoam board of what
seems to be the same problem.
http://openfoam.cfd-online.com/forum/messages/126/5175.html?1188239030

All the best,

Jacques