[Gmsh] Gmsh freezes X on linux

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Oct 1 10:26:38 CEST 2007

Guglielmi Paolo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I have a problem with gmsh 2.0: it freezes X while meshing only
> above a certain mesh dimension. It look like a memory problem. No other
> solution than turn off the machine
>
> I have read that something similar happen to Nicolas (Thu Apr 5
> 13:24:48, I entered in the mailing list after his email).
>
> I run gmsh on a X86_64-gentoo machine with ATI FireGL 5200 and
> proprietary drivers installed (and correctly working).
>
> As Nicolas, no problem with 1.65 version...
>
> Some suggestion?

Hi Paolo - I recently saw a message on the FLTK mailing list describing
a similar freeze using Fluid (another FLTK application).

The problem might thus be in FLTK, not in Gmsh per se. To test this
hypothesis, could you recompile Gmsh and link it with an older release
of FLTK (say e.g. FLTK 1.1.5 or FLTK 1.1.6)?

Let us know hoe it works out,

Christophe