[Gmsh] Gmsh reboot the system (Labtop+Suse10.3)

Mireille Gaillard m92l29e91 at laposte.net
Mon Mar 3 20:31:52 CET 2008

Good day to all,

I use Gmsh gmsh-2.1.0-cvs-20080219 on a labtop Acer Travelmate 64bit
under Suse 10.3, I compiled the source code on my computer. I can see
and create geometries but a fatal error occurs each time I do an error
by writing the script and try to reload it in the graphical interface;
this fatal error closes Gmsh windows and closes also my session of Linux
and reboot the system.

For example, I create some points, and try to create a surface but
forget to create the lines first (or create the lines but forget the
line loop) and my computer reboot...
This behaviour is a unstable: some errors are not considered by Gmsh as
fatal and "just" close the Gmsh windows, but then, when I want to run
again the executable, the system reboot...

No error file is written when this occurs.
Does somebody already meet this kind of problem and would have an idea
of what happen and how it would be possible to fix the problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Mireille