[Gmsh] topography

riad hassani riad.hassani at univ-savoie.fr
Fri Jul 11 15:54:46 CEST 2008

Dear Gmsh users,
I wonder whether there is a convenient way to mesh a volume with the
constraint that one of its faces fits a given topopgraphy (see the
attached figure for an example).
I tried the following (let "truc.geo"  be the .geo file) :
1) mesh the surface of the body (2D mesh). Save the result in a file
(say truc2d.msh),
2) by an external program and according to the topography, move the
nodes of the corresponding face,
3) launch again gmsh, merge truc.geo and truc2d.msh. Create the 3D mesh.
This procedure seems to work provided that the lines of the 2D mesh
are not too perturbed.

Regards,
Riad

Riad Hassani
Laboratoire de Géophysique Interne et de Tectonophysique
Campus scientifique
Université de Savoie
73376 Le Bourget du Lac, Cedex, France

Tel : (33) 4 79 75 87 96