[Gmsh] Post-processing comand View and plugin Annotate

nicole.frindt at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de nicole.frindt at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 30 17:29:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm new in gmsh and I'm trying to use the comand "view" or plugin
Annotate with my .geo file.
I tried the command:
View "comments" {T3(0.0,0.0,0.0){"Loch"};};

but I always get the error message: line 159: syntax error ())
I already tried to drop the first and second semicolon but the error
message just changes to: line 159: syntax error(})
Also I tried to use a part of the tutorial t4.geo in my file, as it is
very similar to what I'm trying to do. But it doesn't work either. It
brings out the same error massages or an additional one: syntax error ()
The part from t4.geo I used was:

View "comments" {
   // 10 pixels from the left and 15 pixels from the top of the graphic
   // window:
  T2(10,15,0){StrCat("File created on ", Today)};

   // 10 pixels from the left and 10 pixels from the bottom of the
   // graphic window:
  T2(10,-10,0){"Copyright (C) My Company"};

   // in the model, at (X,Y,Z) = (0.0,0.11,0.0):
  T3(0,0.11,0,0){"Hole"};
};

I also tried to use the GUI for the plugin Annotate. But the button
"Run" does not work as I don't know how to insert a post-processing
view.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Nicole