[Gmsh] Gmsh 2.2.5 crashes on use of 2nd order elements (no optimization)

=?windows-1252?Q?Jean-Fran=8D=E7ois_Remacle?= jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Mon Nov 17 10:29:36 CET 2008

Roland Tollenaar a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for pointing our that my earlier model had only lines and
> points. I reverted to that because the same model with surfaces does
> mesh, but crashes ruthlessly if I apply 2nd order elements.
>
> This is new, I used to be able to mesh a similar model with 2nd order
> elements as long as I did not apply the netgen optimizer.

I see no problem here to generate 2nd order elements. Yet, I cannot see
how you can apply netgen optimizer on your
structure : it is only composed of surfaces.

Jean-François.