[Gmsh] unstable behaviour with 2nd order elements

Roland Tollenaar rwatollenaar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:36:15 CET 2008

>> It seems to me that some extremely severe error occurs.
>> Do you know any reason which is provoking this situation ?
>> Am I doing something wrong ?
>>

> No, it seems that we shipped 2.2.5 with a severe bug in the high order
> code on Windows and Linux (on Mac everything seems OK).
>
> Could you try the latest nightly snapshot and tell us if you still
> observe the problem?
Hi Christophe,

Does this mean that this snapshot also fixes the 3D 2nd order problem?

Incidentally, I don't think I have made mention of this, but in cases
where the higher order mesh does not crash the application, the mesh is
unusable because of (it appears) node numbering errors of some kind. I
may be incorrect but I base this on the fact that with 1st order
elements calculix detects no bad elements in a mesh obtained from gmsh
whereas any higher order  mesh from gmsh yields a majority of "bad
elements" in calculix.

Regards,

Roland.