[Gmsh] Postprocessing of high-order elements (again)

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Sat Nov 22 00:17:54 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what is the correct way of displaying a numerical
solution on mesh consisting of higher-order elements. I used a sample code
from the manual (see file attached to this email), but I'm wondering about
several things:

  - First of all, is it possible to make the faces of the triangle curved?

  - Second, why isn't the solution plotted so that it covers the whole area
 of the triangle? It looks like the mid-nodes are 'misplaced'.

 - I read somewhere that there's a way to define coefficients of shape
functions that are used to interpolate the solution. Does anyone know how
to do this?

 Finally, I'd appreciate any advice/trick from Gmsh users that could help
me plot my results in a true 'high order' manner.

 Thank you very much.

    Martin Vymazal

P.S. I apologize for the previous email. I don't know why it got sent in
the middle of my typing.