[Gmsh] how can I check node number order

Roland Tollenaar rwatollenaar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 12:14:25 CET 2008

Hi,

I have established that theoretically the node numbering of gmsh is
identical to calculix for 1st and 2nd order tetrahedral elements.

If I convert the unv file from gmsh and retain the order of the nodes
defining the elements, then cgx reports 95%) bad elements (negative
jacobian).

Since it is unlikely that the elements from the meshinc process are so
bad, it seems as though there is a good chance that the element order as
gmsh builds the unv file is not consistent with its own (according to
the documentation) node sequence format.

Is this known, or if I have to check this, where in the code would the
reordering be done?

Kind regards,

Roland