[Gmsh] clipping bug

John Borchardt john.borchardt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 21:56:46 CET 2008

Hi, I think I may have found a bug in the clipping feature when
post-processing using gmsh 2.2.5 on Linux 64 (may affect other
versions/platforms, I haven't checked).  I have maybe 100 views within a
single *.pos file.  When I try to clip the views using the clipping dialog,
the behavior isn't as expected.  For example, if I clip view 0 by selecting
it in the clipping dialog, then it *and* view 33 and 65 are clipped!  When I
re-open the clipping dialog, 33 and 65 are now selected!  If I try to select
all data views in the clipping dialog, then not all the views are clipped.

Wondering if the number 32 is not a coincidence?

Any help appreciated.  I have two timesteps in each data view, and I'm
invoking gmsh with the -noview option.

Thanks!

--John