[Gmsh] 2nd order and 1st order elements in a mesh?

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Tue Nov 25 01:42:55 CET 2008

Dear all,

I am not sure if this is applicable or not but let me try.

For a vibro-acoustic analysis program that I am trying to develop. I
wanted to couple 2nd order quadrangles to 1st order hexahedra. Say, I
have a 3D box shaped volume, is that possible to mesh one surface of the
box with 2nd order quadrangles and the volume with linear hexahedra
elements(through transfinite), did not seem reasonable to me BTW. When I
use the '-order 2' option on command line, of course all the elements
are 2nd order. Is there a way to somehow conduct some manipulations on
this scheme?

Thx for the replies.

Umut