[Gmsh] understanding the structured field file format

Louis Gagnon louis.gagnon.10 at ulaval.ca
Tue Feb 24 19:35:53 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying the structured field and have not been able to make a proper
input file. I get an "error reading input file".

Please find attached my input file for a cube with a total of 8 nodes. I
think there is something I don't properly understand about the
"v-values".

Also, is it possible to use the structured field to force a particular
shape for the nodes of that region? (Ex.:  0.05m*0.02m*0.1m mesh
elements)

Thank you for the great software and any hint you can give me!

-Louis

P.S.: from the documentation,

Structured
        Linearly interpolate between data provided on a 3D rectangular
        structured grid.

        The format of the input file is:

        Ox Oy Oz
        Dx Dy Dz
        nx ny nz
        v(0,0,0) v(0,0,1) v(0,0,2) ...
        v(0,1,0) v(0,1,1) v(0,1,2) ...
        v(0,2,0) v(0,2,1) v(0,2,2) ...
        ... ... ...
        v(1,0,0) ... ...

        where O are the coordinates of the first node, D are the
        distances
        between nodes in each direction, n are the numbers of nodes in
        each
        direction, and v are the values on each node.

FileName
        Name of the input file
        type: path
        default value: ""
TextFormat
        True for ASCII input files, false for binary files (4 bite
        signed integers for n, double precision floating points for v, D
        and O)
        type: boolean
        default value: 0